Brunnhóll stands on the main Icelandic ring road, Route 1, 300 m south of the highway.
The farm is only 6 km from Europe's largest national park, the Vatnajökull National Park.
Brunnhóll Icelandic Farm Holidays is a guesthouse and restaurant enjoying spectacular, unimpeded views of the glacier and in all directions. The farm is only 6 km from Europe's largest national park, the Vatnajökull National Park. Brunnhóll stands on the main Icelandic ring road, Route 1, 300 m south of the highway. The nearest town, Höfn on Hornafjörður, is about 30 km to east and the famous Jökulsárlón, where visitors can take boat trips among the icebergs floating in the lake, is about 50 km to the west. Behind the thriving local tourist trade and the unique way of life in the Kingdom of Vatnajökull lie the magnificent, rugged landscape and the culture it helped to create.
Map - Kort
Brunnhóll is about 420 km from Reykjavík. Other than the Hellisheiði highlands just after you leave Reykjavík, most of the route is low-lying and fairly flat and passable most days of the year.
Main distances by road from Brunnhóll
- Brunnhóll – Fláajökull 8 km
- Brunnhóll – Haukafell 11 km
- Brunnhóll – the coast 8 km
- Brunnhóll – Vatnajökull (route no. F 985) 15 km
- Brunnhóll – Jökulsárlón 50 km
- Brunnhóll – Skaftafell 103 km
- Brunnhóll – Hornafjörður Airport (Höfn) 23 km
- Brunnhóll – Höfn 30 km
- Brunnhóll – Djúpivogur 125 km
- Brunnhóll – Egilsstaðir, by east coast 270 km – over Öxi mountain, 206 km
- Brunnhóll – Seyðisfjörður, by east coast 298 km – over Öxi mountain, 234 km
- Brunnhóll – Lake Mývatn, by east coast 436 km – over Öxi mountain, 372 km
- Brunnhóll – Akureyri, by east coast 535 km - over Öxi mountain, 471 km
- Brunnhóll – Kirkjubæjarklaustur 168 km
- Brunnhóll – Vík in Mýrdal, 241 km
- Brunnhóll – Reykjavík 420 km